Full course description
Participants will come away from the course with a number of new concepts to apply to composing questions and designing questionnaires. The newfound knowledge will enable participants to improve the quality and amount of data collected and help ensure that the question asked actually captures the data that the participant is trying to collect.
After completing the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals and guidelines for developing effective questionnaire questions.
- Evaluate various types of questions commonly used in surveys/questionnaires.
- Place survey questions in the appropriate and most effective order.
- Develop a brief questionnaire on a topic of interest, applying the principles of question and survey design.
- Critique the strengths and weaknesses of example surveys and peer questionnaires and provide suggestions for improvement.
Strategic Thinking, Oral Communication, Technology Management, Research and Measurement, Customer Service Partnering, Flexibility/Agility.
Instructor(s): Richard Smiley, MA, MS
Course Dates: In Progress
Delivery Method: Blended
Cost: $50 | Free for Members
Pathway: Research & Measurement
Program Credit: 1