Program & Policy Evaluation
Jul 9, 2023 - Sep 15, 2023
Spots remaining: 3
Full course description
Program and Policy Evaluation emphasizes the importance and relevance of policy analysis to the policy process. Participants will explore environmental factors that affect policy analysis and will discover how to define a policy problem and options. There will be opportunities to explore and gather information about the policy problem and options, to pull the information all together to identify the best option or options and to present findings.
Please note that Program and Policy Evaluation includes synchronous meetings for virtual live discussions, wherein participants must attend two of the three options listed below:
- Wednesday, July 26th, 2-3pm CDT
- Wednesday, August 9th, 2-3pm CDT
- Wednesday, August 30th, 2-3pm CDT
Participation in these discussions is mandatory in order to receive a Complete grade for this course. If you are unable to attend at least two of the three discussions, please do not enroll in this course at this time.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of policy structure and process to examine significant political healthcare issues.
- Discuss how major stakeholders at multiple levels of government, including advocacy groups, view significant political healthcare issues.
- Examine and understand the environment of the current political and policy perspectives on a relevant healthcare problem.
- Select a policy analysis framework to examine a healthcare problem occurring at the state, federal or institutional level.
- Select a policy process framework to examine a healthcare problem requiring an interdisciplinary approach.
- Identify an evidence-based approach to develop a policy brief for decision makers.
- Recognize how e-tools, such as social media, serve as an approach to consensus building in the policy process.
Flexibility/Agility, Strategic Thinking, Decisiveness
Instructor(s): Tracy Zvenyach, PhD, MS, RN
Course Dates: July 10 - September 1, 2023
Delivery Method: Blended
Cost: $50 | Free for Members
Pathway: Public Policy & Legislation
Program Credit: 1