Full course description
Prepare nurses for real-world clinical practice through critical thinking
Recommended (but not required) prerequisite: Test Development and Item Writing
Critical thinking is a real-world nursing skill that every nurse educator hopes to pass on to their students. Yet assessing your nursing students’ critical thinking level can be challenging, or even evasive.
Assessment of Critical Thinking will take you beyond nursing exam development to writing higher-level nursing test items that encourage and gauge your students’ ability to think critically.
You’ll learn practical nursing exam development from the experts who manage the content and item writing for the NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN examinations.
Learn to confidently assess nursing critical thinking
As a busy nurse educator, take full advantage of flexible e-learning as you:
- Learn from Content Associates within the NCLEX Examinations department of NCSBN
- Reflect as you complete interactive Assignment Book exercises
- Utilize nursing instructor resources including Links to Knowledge, a built-in glossary and a comprehensive reference section
- Synthesize your knowledge through your post-test. Score 75% or above to receive your contact hours
Add to your nursing educator skill-set
Imagine building examinations more skillfully, quickly and confidently, as you master these course objectives:
- Demonstrate understanding of the foundation for writing higher-level items
- Integrate assessment of critical thinking into course design
- Utilize content classification/taxonomy criteria in item design
- Judge components of a well-designed item
- Apply criteria for writing higher-level items
- Increase the ability to critique higher-level items
- Use criteria for converting good items to higher-level items
This course was written by NCSBN’s NCLEX Examinations department staff.
Course Dates: Self-paced
Cost: $90 | Free for Members