Full course description
Make educated decisions that protect your nursing practice
As a nurse, you are accountable for your individual practice, but your decisions also greatly impact the safety of your patients. When you face a heavy patient load, knowing the professional implications of your decision – including the legal issues in nursing – will protect you and your practice.
Professional Accountability & Legal Liability explores what you need to know before accepting an assignment and how to handle requests outside your skill set. You’ll also consider which nursing activities can be legally and safely assigned to unlicensed assistive personnel (UAPs).
Embrace professional nursing accountability
The interactive course format makes it easy to understand safe nursing practice. Enjoy 24-hour course access as you:
- Explore patient safety videos, links to knowledge, graphical aids and key terms.
- Reinforce your learning through recurring scenario-based activities and knowledge checks (quizzes).
- Work through a downloadable Assignment Book with short-answer and essay questions. (Note: your board of nursing may require Assignment Book completion to award CE credits.)
- Pass the post-test with a score of 75% or above to receive your CE credits and a certificate.
Ensure you are making responsible nursing choices
Practice confidently by taking responsibility for a safe work environment, safe practice and patient safety, as you master these course objectives:
- Explain the importance of knowing and understanding the nurse practice act and the role of a board of nursing
- Identify examples of nursing negligence and legal liability
- Relate how professional accountability and responsibility impact nursing practice
- Describe how nurses can enhance patient safety and minimize liability exposure
Course Dates: Self-paced
Cost: $30 | Free for Members