Full course description
Serve clients through ethical, compassionate nursing
Providing end-of-life and palliative care is a vital, but often challenging nursing function. With effective end-of-life nursing training, ushering clients through this transition can become a privilege.
End-of-Life Care & Pain Management will empower you to help clients face death with dignity and navigate the decision-making process that precedes it. Learn how to confidently assess when your clients are close to death, what pain interventions are most appropriate for them and which resources would minimize their suffering, including hospice care.
Learn about palliative nursing care in a self-paced classroom
This course offers an interactive format that makes grasping nursing concepts more intuitive. You’ll enjoy unlimited 24-hour access as you:
- Explore links to knowledge, visual/graphical aides and key terms.
- Complete interactive quizzes featuring multiple-choice and matching questions.
- Work through a downloadable Assignment Book with short-answer and essay questions. (Note: completion of the Assignment Book may be necessary to meet your board of nursing's requirements.)
- Pass the post-test with a score of 75% or above, and receive a certificate to celebrate your accomplishment.
Consider everything from palliative hospice care to pain management
Prepare for compassionate end-of-life nursing care, as you master these course objectives:
- Describe the symptoms associated with end of life for the person with a chronic or terminal condition
- Describe the unique aspects of pain management associated with end of life
- Relate the importance of pain control to quality of life (or death)
- Recommend the most appropriate pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic interventions for pain
- Recognize that pain management at end of life is an ethical and moral responsibility
- Implement a plan of care with pain assessment and management as integral components
Course Dates: Self-paced
Cost: $30 | Free for Members