Full course description
Find the unaddressed ethical challenges in your nursing practice
In the day-to-day grind of nursing, ethical discussions may not take place until after a client’s preferences have been neglected or violated. As a nurse, you are in a unique position to combine candor and compassion to ensure your clients retain the right to self-determination.
Ethics of Nursing Practice will help you find the balance between honoring your own values and those of your profession, while placing the client’s right to decide first. As caseloads increase and technology soars, clients rely on their nurse’s ethic of care to ensure their preferences are heard.
Advocate for patients and build trust for the profession
Study nursing and ethics at your convenience through an empowering, e-learning environment as you:
- Explore links to knowledge, visual/graphical aids and key terms throughout the course.
- Enjoy interactive exercises including multiple-choice and matching questions.
- Complete short-answer and essay questions in the downloadable Assignment Book. (Note: Your state's board of nursing may require completion of the Assignment Book for CE credit.)
- Receive a passing score of 75% or above on the post-test to receive your contact hours and a certificate of completion.
Apply the Nursing Code of Ethics...and see your professionalism grow
Find professional clarity on how you can better advocate for your clients’ health, safety and rights, as you master these course objectives:
- Recognize the human right to self-determination
- Describe the role of nursing regulation in upholding ethical nursing practice
- Apply the principle of fidelity to professional practice
- Participate in ethical arguments for practicing within the “Nursing Standard of Care”
- Identify professional nursing values
- Describe the role of the ethic of care in patient advocacy
- Recognize strategies for promoting moral action in nursing practice
Course Dates: Self-paced
Cost: $30 | Free for Members