Power Dynamics of Negotiation
Started Feb 2, 2022
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
The course is aimed at developing analytical and communication skills critical to successful negotiations. Participants will learn about key components of negotiation and role-play in negotiation scenarios, including post-negotiation documentation and evaluation. The course combines both theoretical knowledge of leading negotiation scholars and practical experience through learning-by-doing. Course participants will engage in negotiation activities, negotiation simulations, group discussions and competency-building assignments.
After completing the course, participants should be able to:
- Define the phases and key elements of the negotiation process.
- List the roles and functions in negotiation teams identifying the skills required to organize, manage and/or lead negotiation teams
- Differentiate between negotiation styles and models.
- Identify the Zone of Possible Agreement (ZOPA) in negotiations.
- Explain the functions of the Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA).
- Formulate a negotiation strategy and apply appropriate tactics to achieve a win-win outcome.
Globalization, Governance, Operational and Strategic Performance, Policy and Politics, Relationships and Research and Evaluation
Instructor(s): Nancy Coldham, MAIIC, Hon. BJ
Course Dates: Coming Soon
Delivery Method: Blended
Cost: $50 | Free for Members
Pathway: Governance & Leadership
Program Credit: 1