Full course description
Show your commitment to a nursing culture of safety
There can be devastating consequences for you and your client when you make a medication error. Knowing the causes of medication errors in nursing and detecting near misses is critical to upholding a high standard of nursing client care.
Medication Errors: Causes and Prevention will help you proactively prevent nursing medication errors, especially those that take place in acute and long-term care settings. You’ll gain courage to report medication errors, knowing that understanding the cause of a nursing error safeguards every client under your care.
Understand, prevent and report medication errors
Come away with new strategies for preventing medication errors in a fun, and interactive online format:
- Increase awareness through the Minute for Medicine video clips.
- Explore the links to knowledge throughout the course.
- Complete interactive quizzes and look up key terms.
- Ponder short-answer and essay questions in the downloadable Assignment Book. (Note: Completion of the Assignment Book may be necessary to meet your board of nursing's requirements.)
- Complete the post-test with a score of 75% or above to receive your contact hours!
Protect clients…and your license
Strengthen and renew your commitment to protecting patients as you master these course objectives:
- Define a medication error and a near miss
- List the common causes of medication errors
- Explain strategies to prevent medication errors
- Discuss the consequences of medication errors
- Apply elements of root cause analysis
Course Dates: Self-paced
Cost: $30 | Free for Members