Full course description
Learn to protect patient medical information…and much more!
In your practice of nursing, you face sensitive situations on a regular basis. Knowing the small and large ways you can advocate for your nursing client’s privacy can help you create trust and gain a better outcome.
Patient Privacy will help you advocate for your nursing patients' privacy in a variety of situations. You’ll learn everything from the nuances of protecting patient confidentiality and personal space to integrating patient privacy rules (like HIPAA) into your day-to-day practice.
Protect your patient's right to privacy, both medical and personal
Patient confidentiality has been called a pillar of the ethical practice of medicine. Learn how to safeguard these human rights through interactive, e-learning techniques:
- Explore links to knowledge, visual/graphical aids and key terms throughout the course.
- Complete interactive exercises including multiple-choice and matching assessments.
- Answer short-answer and essay questions in the downloadable Assignment Book. (Note: Completion of the Assignment Book may be necessary to meet board of nursing requirements.)
- Pass the post-test with a score of 75% or above to receive your CE credits.
Practice ethically by preventing nursing privacy violation
Use your understanding of patient privacy laws to empower your clients as you master these course objectives:
- Define privacy legally and morally, using legal and accreditation sources
- Discuss privacy as it relates to the patient's personal information, record, person and property
- Approach the patient in a manner that demonstrates regard for their privacy
- Advocate for patient privacy with colleagues, families and other disciplines
- Develop a corrective plan for situations where privacy rights have been violated
Course Dates: Self-paced
Cost: $30 | Free for Members