Full course description
Come up with innovative approaches to complex nursing problems
Have you ever wondered whether a different approach to a complex situation would have led to a better nursing outcome? Imagine knowing how to interpret and analyze a situation, develop a creative solution and then see clients benefit.
Sharpening Critical Thinking Skills will teach you to use critical thinking skills to arrive at intelligent solutions for better outcomes! As you progress through the three levels of critical thinking and six practical skills, you’ll discover how nursing research and clinical observation skills can help solve difficult problems.
Study nursing critical thinking in an interactive format
Gain confidence to apply evidence-based nursing to day-to-day situations through fun, e-learning instructional techniques:
- Explore links to knowledge, visual/graphical aids and key terms throughout the course.
- Complete fun and interactive exercises, including multiple-choice and matching questions.
- Complete short-answer and essay questions in the downloadable Assignment Book. (Note: Assignment Book completion may be necessary to meet your board of nursing's CE requirements.)
- Complete the post-test with score of 75% or above to receive your contact hours.
Experience how nursing and critical thinking go hand in hand
By the end of Sharpening Critical Thinking Skills, you’ll master these course objectives:
- Define the concept of critical thinking
- Identify the common characteristics of a critical thinker
- Differentiate the three levels of critical thinking
- Describe factors that can positively and negatively impact critical thinking ability
- Explain how nurses must use the six evidence-based critical thinking skills
Course Dates: Self-paced
Cost: $30 | Free for Members